Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Time Saving Tip -- Keep Tools in Your Car
I started out going to the DI this morning, but kept on going to Ontario Mills instead, deciding I'd stop at the DI on my way home. As I headed home, I noted that I had plenty of time to stop by the DI and get home before the girl's bus arrived. Right about then, my tire blew. Thank goodness for AAA! I made the call, and was told help would arrive in 20 minutes--still plenty of time for my DI errand. Help arrived and he asked for my help "Do you have an allen wrench so I can get the hub cap off?" ummm...no. After a call to Frank, I learned no wrench is needed. "Do you have a screwdriver so I can get the plastic thing off?" Again, no. "Don't you have one?" I learned they're not allowed to carry tools. Frank was too far away, and other tow truck drivers were out on calls. He looked up and down the side of freeway for something that would work. Finally, he found a screwdriver--where?--in the tow truck! An hour later I was on my way home, hoping to get home before the girls. I guess I'll be going to the DI tomorrow. Gotta give it to Kaleb and Larissa...they were troopers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my gosh that sucks! I am glad that things worked out ok. Hey just look at this way, you can shop longer at DI !! Whoo Hoo!
Why on earth would a tow truck driver NOT be able to carry all the tools necessary to get a tire off? That's just plain ridiculus!
I'm glad you got it changed in time to get the girls. Have fun shopping tomorrow! Did you find any good deals at Ontario Mills?
I am a bit astonished that tow truck drivers, who change tires as part of their job, can't have tools in the truck. Good thing he wasn't following the rules. And perhaps, I should put some tools in my car...
Oh my gosh, I love your background on your blog. I go to the cutest blog website and never saw this one. Sorry about your tire. That sucks.
I would never have thought to keep tools in the car! Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment