Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Unbirthday, Larissa!


I intended to write a special post for each of my special girls on their birthdays, but time passed, so now they will be special unbirthday posts.

As you can see, Larissa likes to make faces. Up until a recently, Larissa would not smile for the camera. She still won't smile for a photo op, but at least she'll make faces. They show her personality well.


Larissa was born just a few months after my Aunt Linda passed away from Cancer. I already knew I wanted to name my baby after my mom in some way, because, of course, she is the best. However, with the passing of my aunt, I wanted my child to have a connection to her as well. The naming process was crazy. Of course we couldn't agree on any variation of my mom's or aunt's names, but in the end we came up with a blend of both names for Larissa's middle name.
Liann (Li from Linda and ann which is mom's middle name.)


Larissa is fun, willful, persistant, caring, smart and a joy to have in my life. While always true, the phrase about catching more flies with honey than vinegar, is particularly true with Larissa.
Here are some of Larissa's favorites:
Spiderman
Pirates
Running...away from me
Hide and Seek...in stores
Curious George-- she is curious too
"scarrry" animated halloween decorations
Canteloupe, watermelon, and apples

Happy Unbirthday, Larissa!

3 comments:

The Carroll's said...

I can't believe how much the kids have grown! Holy cow! I am so excited for you to get a new place! I was asking Holly a couple of months ago - when you had kaleb if you guys were going to move! Very nice house!
-Jenn(y) LOL

Lizzy said...

What a fun girl Larissa is. And it was so nice to see a new picture of Kaleb. What a cute family!!!

* said...

You have such a cute family. I found your blog through Sara Willoughby. Congrats on a little boy, it's about time that we both got one of the opposite sex.