
Have you ever read "Five Minutes Peace"? Any mom can definitely relate. Yesterday afternoon, the girls were playing on the computer, and I finally got Kaleb down for a nap, so I made a mad dash for the shower. Not more than a minute after getting in the shower I hear, "Mom?! Mom!" I cringe thinking, "Please don't wake up the baby." Kaitlyn pokes her head around the door, "Can I have an apple?" Of course that question was too important to wait. About 30 seconds after Kaitlyn's departure, Larissa barges into the bathrooom, "Mama, taking a shower?" "yes. Shhh. Don't wake up Kaleb." "Kaleb sleeping?!..." and she continues chatting and playing while I finish. I know for sure that in five years, when Kaleb starts school, I'll be able to take a shower in peace.

1 comment:
My favorite quote from Pride and Prejudice: "You can think that, Jane, if it brings you comfort." (Mr. Bennett) I think it applies to this post! Is there such thing as a peaceful shower? Kids, phone, doorbell, hmmmmm. Then again, if you shower at midnight, it should be very peaceful, as long as your husband is asleep.
Hogs and kisses - T.
Post a Comment