Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New House



Well, it looks like we're getting a house! Our offer was accepted last week, and the inspection was yesterday. Nothing major came up, so we are packing. The house is in East Highlands Ranch - on "snob hill" as frank and his siblings have called it for years.

It wasn't until the offer was accepted and I went into panic mode that I realized how difficult moving will be for me. For Frank, it's not as big a deal--after all, home is a place he spends a few hours before going to bed. For me, it's about the house, neighborhood, friends, ward, shopping, school, etc.

We'll still be in the Redlands school district, but my girls have to transfer to a new school (I'm not driving that far everyday)...and the school/new friend adjustment is what is causing me the most worry.

After seeing the house again yesterday, and packing a few boxes, the excitement is slowly seeping in. I'll be ready, by the time we move, to enjoy the change.


3 comments:

{sara} said...

How fun for you guys! It looks nice and BIG! What ward/schools will you be in? Good luck with everything!

Kevin said...

Oh Laura, we are going to miss you. I can't believe you are moving. The ward is going to feel so different. But, I am really happy for you. The house looks beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!
-Bonnie

megan said...

Congrats!! We are super sad that you are leaving but we are happy that you found a new place!