Kaitlyn was excited for school to start too. She had gone to summer school (that was great for her confidence), and within a couple days of it ending, wished it was time for the regular school year to start. "I love school," she said. As do I.
Post cards with the kids assigned teachers, arrived the week before school started. Kaitlyn checked the mail daily, and when they finally came, she ran into the house waving them in the air. She read the post cards herself, and when she saw who her teacher is exclaimed, "Yea! Ms. Norwood!" "So you like Ms. Norwood," I stated. "No." she said matter of factly, "I don't know who she is." She had complete faith that whoever Ms. Norwood is, she would be awesome.
Here they are, holding up their fingers to signify which grade they starting.
When I picked the girls up after school, they were all chatter about school. They both informed me that their teachers are old. I laughed silently to myself. "Old" has a wide range of years to kids, and I couldn't wait until open house to see how "old" they really are. As it turns out, they were right. Ms. Norwood has been teaching 47 years and Mrs. Allen looks like she's been teaching about as long.

1 comment:
Too cute! And i love those cards too. I sure wish i was back in card club with all of you guys.
Post a Comment