I've been browsing on couponing blogs lately. Some people seem horribly fanatical, and all of you who know me, know that's not me. BUT, I can definitely appreciate a good deal and I decided it was time to get my feet wet in the world of couponing.
My MIL gave me her Sunday papers (Thank you Rose!) and I went to work. Today was my test run. I decided to head to CVS and Albertson's since they are in the same shopping center. I left at 9:30am, giving me enough time to get the shopping done before Kaleb's nap time. Unfortunately, I didn't consider Kaleb's extra early waking time this morning, and shortly after we got to the first store he started getting cranky. We also ended up with a few runs to the bathroom for Larissa. Maybe I should have ended my trip then and there, but I had set out to do something, and I wasn't leaving without getting it done--and I did, eventually.
With all of it behind me now, I consider my first adventure in couponing a success. I bought items we normally use or would use if it weren't so expensive. The retail value of the items was $112.78. I paid $75.89 out of pocket--NOT a big savings, right? But with the mail in rebate and store "cash" coupons, my total came out to $36.90 or a two-thirds savings. If not for the distraction of a cranky boy, I might have remembered the other $10 in coupons in my wallet and I would have ended up with a 75% savings.
I'll definitely try this again. And, I've been assured, that as my stock pile of coupons accumulates, I'll save even more.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's AWESOME!!!!!
Impressive!
Post a Comment