Well, my baby is one, and I'm kind of sad. I love the baby phase. Knowing it's the last baby phase I'll experience with my own kids makes it sadder yet. It's fun, though, to see his personality emerge. And I'll be glad not to carry the lug, once he starts walking.
I would say that "busy" and "curious" are the best two words to describe my little boy. He likes to unload the dishwasher (onto the floor), empty drawers to see whats in them, and push buttons to see what they'll do. But here are a few other things that makes Kaleb, Kaleb:
He loves his bed! I was once asked how I taught my children to sleep anywhere. I figured it happened because I just do what needs to be done, and when nap time comes, I put them down wherever we are. Well, that doesn't fly with Kaleb. He will sleep in your arms (maybe), in the car seat, or in his crib.
He loves music. While pregnant, I would feel thumping during upbeat music. As an infant, he would kick his legs in unison to music. Now, he does squats. I wonder how that will translate into dance moves as he gets older?
He loves dirt. We just put in a huge amount of concrete in the backyard, and what does he do? Head straight for the dirt--as fast as he can. When I'm sweeping, he chases me, trying to play in the dust pile that is forming. Needless to say, I try to sweep when he's not in the room.
For the most part Kaleb's an easy going kid, but he doesn't like to be roughed up. Last week, Brenna was hugging him with great enthusiasm. He complained and pushed at her, but she wouldn't let go. So, he leaned forward casually and bit her on the shoulder...hard. I found myself holding Kaleb in one arm and Brenna in the other. As Brenna cried I explained he didn't mean to hurt her, and didn't know it was wrong. But when I looked at Kaleb, I saw knowledge in those little eyes. He knew what he had done and he was happy about it.

2 comments:
Boy, the time has flown by. Kaleb is so cute. Happy 1st Birthday.
One!?!? How is that possible, I've never even met your cute boy! Hmmmm.....sounds like he's learned how to keep his sisters in line;) Hopefully he'll be able to differentiate between them and me when I finally get to meet, and yes HUG, him this summer, I don't think I want to be bitten:)
Post a Comment