Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter



Our Easter began Saturday afternoon with a church picnic. The kids missed out on the egg hunt, but they go to see the Easter Bunny, and we all ate a good meal. Larissa was so adorable following the bunny EVERYWHERE. She even tried following the bunny into the restroom, but had to content herself with waiting outside. The bunny DID push her on the swing though. What a nice bunny!

On Sunday, as we were getting ready for church, I asked the girls, "Why do we celebrate Easter?" I wanted to make sure they knew it wasn't all about the easter bunny. Brenna excitedly answered, "I know! I know! We are celebrating the beginning of spring!" At least she didn't say the Easter Bunny. We had a mini discussion on the true meaning of Easter and headed off to church.

As soon as church was over, I took the kids up to Grandma Sharla and Grandpa Johns house for lunch and an egg hunt. We ate yummy leg of lamb, potatoes and all kinds of fixings. Then we brought the kids home, where Tori was hosting the McCormick Easter gathering. There was more food, chatting, and of course, another easter egg hunt. It was a busy day that ended with a sweet chat with Kaitlyn about Jesus. I'm glad she realizes the meaning of the holiday.

2 comments:

Jenny Dahlke said...

Good job mom, making sure your kids know the real meaning of Easter!!! I'm glad they had so much fun this Easter.

Lizzy said...

Wow, the girls have grown up so quickly. And Caleb too. You guys sure have been busy. It is fun to read about your adventures.
And thanks to your sweet FHE lesson, we were able to have an Easter lesson as well.