
Frank and I have finally hosted our first family get together. We had Frank's family over for Thanksgiving and it was a huge success--everyone ate and no one fought. If you know the McCormick boys, you know that no fights = success.
Besides well known recipes, Frank and I made my mom's rolls for the first time, and I made homemade gravy for the first time. They weren't perfect, but they were still tasty (to me at least).
I forgot to take pictures, so I took a picture of a wall. We had a thankful wall so we wouldn't have to go around the room and verbally share our gratitude (It didn't turn out well last time we tried that). This worked much better, and most were willing to participate. Notice that my brother-in-law Seamus is thankful for himself.
Among many other things, I'm thankful that we now have a home large enough to accomodate family gatherings, that my children are healthy and happy, that Frank has a secure job, and that I have the gospel to give me guidance, peace and perspective. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:
So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I love that story about the teeth. Brenna sure is brave!
Post a Comment