
Kaitlyn's two front baby teeth had never fallen out, because two partial teeth blocked the permanent teeth from coming in. So, about a week ago, Kaitlyn went to see the Oral Surgeon, and came home with a bag of 5 teeth ( He pulled another loose tooth for free). Kaitlyn hit the tooth fairy jackpot! She was excited to find $5 under her pillow. The tooth fairy even let her keep her teeth as a souvenir!
Yesterday, Kaitlyn and Brenna were looking at the fascinating bag of teeth, when Brenna asked if she could borrow the bag of teeth. Kaitlyn agreed, and handed her the bag. Brenna planned on putting them under her pillow in order to get $5 for herself.(Talk about a get rich quick scheme!) I informed her that the tooth fairy would know they weren't hers, and wouldn't leave any money. She just said "Oh", shrugged her shoulders, handed me the teeth and walked away.
A couple hours later...Brenna came down stairs excited, "Mommy, look!". I saw a tooth between two bloody fingers. Brenna has talked about a loose tooth for a few weeks, but when I checked it a couple days ago, it barely wiggled. To me, pulling your own tooth seems like a hard way to make a buck, but Brenna thought it was genius--and it would have come out sooner or later anyway. It was worth all the work when she found $1 under her pillow this morning.

4 comments:
Oh my goodness Laura, what smart girls you have!!! Fun story! I bet they will love to hear it over and over again as they get older. :o)
Kaitlin lost a tooth about four days ago and the toothfairy must be so busy with you guys she forgot to come to our house for three days. We are hoping when we get home from our trip, after Thanksgiving the tooth fairy will have had time to come to our house :o)
Oh my gosh! I can't even stand to look at a loose tooth let alone pull one out! That girl is crazy!
Glad to hear that your new house is big enough for the McCormick boys! I also love your 'Thankful Wall' that is a great idea!
LOL... oh that is so stinkin' funny. Little Miss. Breanna was always cleaver in nursery too! But, I have never heard of a child pilling out their own tooth to get rich quick. Give her a high five for me! p.s. the Ward Christmas Party is tomorrow night... just in case your not busy.
Post a Comment