Sunday, July 12, 2009

Eight is Great!

Kaitlyn turned eight in June. She had a family party at John's Incredible Pizza, went to Disneyland, and was baptized.
Grandma Rose and Aunt Tori took her to Disneyland. Kaitlyn's favorite part her trip to D-land was meeting Tinker Bell and Sierra Mist.

A week after her birthday, Kaitlyn was baptized. I was asked if I was emotional about my little girl being baptized. No, or at least, not at first. The emotion hit me as we walked to the font. She is a sweet girl and will be a wonderful example to her sisters. Kaitlyn makes sure we never forget to pray at night, and has a simple sweet faith in Jesus Christ.

I like to ask my kids some questions each year. Here's what I asked Kaitlyn this year:
What instrument do you want to learn to play? Flute
What do you want to be when you grow up? An Artist
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? India
What is your favorite-
Food? Strawberries
Color? All the rainbow colors
Subject in school? Art
Temple? Salt Lake
Animal? Husky
Movie? Princess Protection Program

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Congratulations on the baptism. We wanted to come, but we were still in Mexico until the first of July! Sounds like it was great!

Jenny Dahlke said...

Hey, you stole my title!!! ;) I was a great day!