A few days ago, as I was upstairs getting ready for the day, I hear Brenna (who is downstairs) screech and then yell that Larissa is pushing her. My first thought is, "Already?" My response is to do nothing. I wait to see if they can work it out. (It doesn't last long...usually.) Before long, I hear Brenna screaming, "Let me out!" accompanied by scuffling sounds. Then Larissa screams, "I don't want mommy!" -- more scuffling -- "I want out!" -- "I don't want Mommy!" This is not normal. So I go to investigate.
They are in the computer room with the door locked. Obviously, Brenna wants out and Larissa doesn't. Apparently, they are pushing and pulling each other, trying to ensure they get their way. They had worked themselves into a frenzy and couldn't seem to stop the madness. I start laughing. The door has a key lock, but we don't have a key(It was that way when we moved in). So, I kneel in front of the door and say, over the screaming, "unlock the door." That's my mantra, "Brenna, unlock the door." -- crash -- "I can't!" --"Larissa open the door." on and on. The drama was high, but no one seemed to actually be getting hurt. It was slightly horrifying, but still funny. "What if they never opened the door?" - "What if someone really were hurt?" - "Frank is going to take the lock off this door." - "How long can this go on?"
Finally, Brenna wins, and they come out. No bruises, no more screaming, just tired out girls. Crazy!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, it is SO nice to hear about the drama in someone else's home...with 3 girls! I am SO happy that it is not only here & that I am not the only one who chooses to let it play out! AND the screeching...I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!
Post a Comment