Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beach Trip

For spring break we decided to take the kids camping at the beach. We discovered Doheny Beach last year and decided that's where we would head. The girls had a blast! Here are a few things we did:

Chased Waves


Cooked Over the Fire


Roasted Marshmellows


Flew Kites


Checked Out the Tide Pools


Climbed Trees

While the girls had a great time, Kaleb struggled with sleeping in a strange place and not liking the feel of the sand and gritty ground beneath his hands and knees. We all took turns carrying Kaleb (thanks goodness Cera and Camila were along to share that load!)

As we left today, the girls wondered when we could do it all again, and Frank and I spoke of what we need to bring next time, and what gear we should add to our camping supply. Larissa, in Larissa fashion, when she realized where we were headed, exclaimed, "I don't want to go home!" Poor girl, we always go back home.

Frank and I are happy to be back in our own bed tonight -- not only for the comfort, but because it means Kaleb is in HIS bed. Hopefully he will sleep well, so we can sleep too.

1 comment:

Jenny Dahlke said...

I'm sorry the kids had such a hard time sleeping, but it looks like a really fun trip. I'm hoping we'll get to go the beach when we're out there this summer.
(Cute Pics!)