Monday, September 21, 2009

Date Night



For our first date in I don't know how long, Frank took me to see Airborne Toxic Event--Frank's new favorite band. We brought Frank's co-worker (Helene) with us, so you might not consider it much of a date, but we did have dinner alone beforehand.

I was relieved when the band finally started playing at 10:30pm. It was about time! I knew I would have to be up early with the kids and that my crabby mommy persona would most likely make an appearance - and it did, poor kids.

The one girl in the band was definitely feeling the music. Whether it was genuine or drug induced I couldn't decide. Frank assured me, that's just how she is. I was feeling the music too...literally. My clothes were vibrating and I could swear that my hair occasionally blew in the blast of the music. I wished the music was not quite so loud and felt like an old fuddy duddy thinking such a thing. Then Helene, who is an avid concert goer, complained that it was the loudest concert she's been to in her life (we're talking hundreds of concerts). So I felt a little better.

Although, it isn't apparent, I DID enjoy the music. During the last part of the concert we headed to the main floor to stand in front of the stage. There was definitely more energy and enthusiasm next to the stage. We ended up next to this guy whose dancing reminded me of David H. from my YSA days. He was really into the music, dancing all over the place, and his friend was busy keeping him from slamming into other people. It cracked me up! We should have headed downstairs sooner.

When the band was done and came back onstage for the encore, the girl in the band was barefoot and happy. Maybe the high-heeled shoes were part of the reason for the intense look on her face.

If you haven't heard of TATE, this is probably their most popular song:


As we were leaving, it was announced, "Don't forget to stop by our bar for a drink on your way out." "Great..." I thought. "They're advertising drinking and driving."

No comments: